princess genevieve

vendredi, août 25, 2006

True Confessions

I like showtunes. And lately, that's sort of all I've been wanting to listen to at work. Every day, after 10 am when Morning Edition ends on NPR, I've been going to accuradio and listening to the Broadway channel. Not always the same subchannel, though... I alternate between the 70s-80s-90s-00s channel, the 70s only channel, and the 2000s only channel. This has been going on for about 3 months now. And it was beginning to disturb me - WHY did I only want to listen to showtunes? When would this end? Would it ever end? Would I ever want to go back to discovering new bands on indie? Why did it happen only at work, and then once I got home, I'd be all over my non-showtunes CDs?

This morning, though, I realized after NPR that I didn't want to listen to showtunes. The cycle has been broken! I quickly jumped to indie before something could take over my brain and make me change my mind. Small problem - I can't get the indie player to load. I tried again. No dice.

So now I'm listening to my Ben Lee Radio station on pandora. And I'll try indie later today.

And after three days off next week, who knows what kind of a mood I'll come back in. But I do believe the Summer of Showtunes is over, and I'm ready for a fall of change.

1 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 11:35 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Nothing screams dance and sing showtunes like being stuck in an office all day (at least in my humble opinion) I usually listen to classical music at work...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home