princess genevieve

mardi, octobre 03, 2006

The Patient

I feel like a patient on House. Well, not in that I have some life threatening illness that's going to kill me. But just in that I have something that they're not sure what it is, so they're treating the two possibilities.

I fell, about a week ago, sort of through a bookcase, and scraped the skin off my hand. Since then, it's been oozy and gross and not healing properly. Since I had to go to the doctor yesterday anyway for more allergy medicine, I had him look at my hand, too. And he's not sure... either it's infected, or I have contact dermatitis. So we're treating both.

Contact dermatitis seems like a strange diagnosis, but since I am allergic to all kinds of weird things that do cause contact dermatitis for me (like coral! no more snorkeling for me) I guess I wouldn't be that surprised if it turned out to be an allergy. Maybe there was some mold on the bookcase; I don't know.

He took a culture, so that we can find out what it really is. And in the meantime, I'm on antibiotics and a steroid cream.

Oh, and yesterday, I got socks in the mail.

Libellés : ,

6 Comments:

At 10/03/2006 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Poor thing, that sounds painful! If it cheers you up, Paz was diagnosed with something that I am calling "the most expensive case of eczema ever" which required: 1) a "therapeutic, deep-conditioning bath;" (2) horse-sized daily vitamins; (3) daily applications of moisturizing oil and (4) "healing salve;" (5) shaving a portion of her back fur in manner of Roman monk and (6) wearing a doggie Elizabethen collar to prevent scratching... Rebeccah

 
At 10/03/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Why, yes, in fact, it does cheer me up!

No, poor PAZ!!!

 
At 10/03/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Amie said...

One of them are bound to clear it up. One of our boys had terrible atopic dermatitis as an infant, and we could not believe how fast it cleared up with a steroid cream.

 
At 10/03/2006 1:43 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, I know you are right, Amie. I'm sure one or the other will clear it up! I've had contact dermatitis before and it's always gone away with the creams.

 
At 10/04/2006 3:18 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

You "sort of" fell through a bookcase? Ouch! I hope your skin clears up soon.
:-)

 
At 10/04/2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah - I was standing halfway on the top, and I kind of fell through. (not all the way because it didn't break.) It is a small bookcase - only two shelves. And when I fell, I scraped some skin off my hand.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home