princess genevieve

jeudi, septembre 28, 2006

A Day of Bureaucracy

Yesterday, I took the morning off. Someone came and painted my bathroom, and I needed to be there when it happened. They turned up an hour and a half late, however, and so they didn't finish until nearly noon. My plan of heading to work quickly turned in to a plan of spending the rest of the day running errands.

I went to the DMV. I needed to renew my registration and parking permit. It expires on Friday, and I can't park on the street without the permit. That was fairly pain-free.

I went to the police station. My dad's car was broken in to, and he wanted me to pick up a report form to bring home. Unfortunately, they don't do that. They told me either he could come in and file it himself, or he could call and file it. They were nice and it's not their fault I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

Then I went to the post office. The post office is my least favorite place to hang out. It's always crowded. In my post office, the workers are all behind bullet proof glass, so it's a bit hard to talk to them. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I had received a package slip. I signed it, and I never got the package. I spent about an hour in there yesterday, and they can't find the package.

The sad part is? I don't even know what it is! So I can't even let the sender know I haven't gotten it. Oh well. Hope it wasn't anything important.

Score? Genevieve 2, Bureaucracy 1. Not too shabby.

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 3:00 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Thats a bummer about the package! It would drive me crazy knowing I had a package floating around somwhere.

For some reason, I didn't realize you had a car!

 
At 9/28/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Yeah, it sucks! I really want to know what it is! I'm still hoping they find it but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Yep, I have a car. I'll try to take a picture of it for tomorrow's blog... there's an idea for an entry! I actually don't use it all that much but I'll explain in the entry.

 
At 9/28/2006 5:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Not too shabby. I feel a bit shabby for you. And the not knowing part would absolutely kill me!

 
At 9/28/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

well, it's OK, you can feel a bit shabby for me... the not knowing part does suck!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home