princess genevieve

vendredi, octobre 20, 2006

Marie Antoinette

I saw the movie last night. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I wanted to love it, I promise I did. I just found parts of it a wee bit slow.

Pretty, though, it was. Pretty pretty clothes. Pretty pretty buildings. Pretty pretty skies.

Pretty pretty shoes. Is it OK to be jealous of a movie portrayal of a dead queen's shoe collection? 'Cause I am.

My problem, though, was that I felt like they didn't explain enough. They never said she was 14 when she got married. They made it clear she had, um, problems in the bedroom, but they didn't make it clear that it was 7 years before her marriage was consummated. They showed her getting dressed in front of an audience, having dinner in front of an audience, giving birth in front of an audience, but they never really showed how much that bothered her.

Overall, I'd recommend it, but unless you're like me, dying to see it, I'd say it can wait for DVD.

And I got more pressies!

I can't get spell check to open. Hope I don't have any mistakes here!

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 6:00 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Sorry you didn't love it...I mean, how often do movies about Marie really come along?

 
At 10/23/2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

Hey, I love your chocolate swap. That's cool!

 
At 10/24/2006 4:05 AM, Blogger Nic said...

And dont forget all the freaking montages.. and did you notice how many times we saw her on her back??

 
At 10/24/2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Where do you find all these great exchange/secret pal programs? I'm not good enough at knitting yet to do a knitting focused one. But chocolate! Woo hoo! Maybe we should start our own exchange program. Remember the dishtowel one?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home