princess genevieve

vendredi, octobre 13, 2006

Adventures on the Bus, #21

The scene: the front of the bus
The players: a very talkative shoeshine guy, his wife, and a girl on a cell phone, speaking in a language other than English.

And... Action!

Cell phone girl gets up to exit the bus. She walks past shoeshine guy.

Shoeshine guy: Where you from, honey?
Cell phone girl: Estonia.
Shoeshine guy: Where?
Cell phone girl: Estonia. It's in Eastern Europe.
Shoeshine guy: OH! You're European.

Cell phone girl exits the bus.

Shoeshine guy, to wife: She was European.
Wife: uh huh.
Shoeshine guy: I didn't know they had their own language, over in Europe.
Wife: I guess they do.
Shoeshine guy: I thought they all spoke English. You learn something new everyday...

NBC star flashes. The more you know.

Libellés :

6 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 1:27 PM, Blogger Jay said...

What a breakthrough!
Thank goodness for geography bus lessons.

 
At 10/13/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

exactly my thought!

 
At 10/13/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Amie said...

um...I don't even know what to say to that!

 
At 10/13/2006 11:22 PM, Blogger Nic said...

How about that the trailer for Marie Antoinette (love that they play New Order during it) they say BASED ON A TRUE STORY.

Really?

There was actually a Marie Antoinette?

 
At 10/15/2006 4:26 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

chuckle! My friend and I got chatting with an American lady from New Jersey over breakfast at a hotel in Iceland. She asked us where we were from and when we said "Australia", she said "Oh, your English is real good". We were too stunned to reply "thanks, and so is yours"!! To this day we're not sure whether she confused Australia with Austria or whether she truly thought that Australians spoke some whole other mysterious language. :-)

 
At 10/15/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Polly, I know! That part cracks me up.

Paisley, too funny. Once, on a train in France, I was by myself, and there was a group of Americans trying to figure out how to call home. They were confused by the instruction to dial a "country code + city code," and were planning to try dialing their postal code. So finally, I turned around, and said, "you dial 00-1-your regular area codea and number." they all oohhed and ahhhed over my English! (and I let them - ha!)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home