princess genevieve

mercredi, octobre 11, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance?

Embarrassingly enough, I love this show. I don't watch American Idol, but put dancers in a similar competition, and I will tune in. Religiously.

Last night, the live tour came to Washington. Molly was supposed to come up and go to the show with me, but she had a last minute work thing that she couldn't miss. Tragic, really, especially considering we bought the tickets in August and have been planning forever! I took my friend Rachael in Molly's place.

The show was awesome, really. Our seats were in the 7th row, so we had a great view of everything. The top 10 dancers were there, plus 2 understudies who also did a bit in a couple of the group dances. The show was pretty long, too... over 2 hours.

Rachael had never watched the tv show, so she wasn't sure what to expect, but she really liked it, and thought they were all great dancers. "Professional level," I believe she called them.

And we bought Molly a little treat to make up for missing the show. She doesn't know what it is yet, so you'll just have to wait until she gets it in the mail to know what it is!

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 10/11/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Jay said...

You are a funnier girl every time I come here.

 
At 10/11/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ah, Jay, I try.

 
At 10/11/2006 11:29 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

hmmm... I don't think we've got a version of that here. We're up to Dancing with the Stars series 5 though and they've just started a new show on the ABC called Operatunity Oz (Idol for opera singers I think).

 
At 10/12/2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

We're only on Dancing with the Stars season 3. Though we did poach one of your professional dancers (Kym) for this season.

I like the Opera show idea!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home