princess genevieve

lundi, octobre 30, 2006

Catch My Disease


For Erika's birthday, I took her to see Ben Lee in Baltimore on Saturday. We were surprised by the large (OK, huge!) number of under-21 people in the club, but no matter, we had a great time.

We were right up against the stage. In fact, I rested my arms on the stage during the show. Which is how I was able to capture this totally fabulous Ben-in-a-gold-tuxedo shot for you. That's right, with my camera phone, which has no flash. Sorry for the really bad quality.

Towards the end of the show, Ben came over to me, leaned down, and said hello. I waived back. Erika & I weren't sure if it was a "hello, I know you" kind of hello, or just a general hello, but it was directed only at me. I've met him about 5 times now, the last time just a month ago, and we had an actual conversation that time, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised if it was a "hello, I know you" kind of hello.

We waited around for a bit after the show, hoping to talk to him, and, well, we had both remembered to bring CDs to get signed this time. But for the first time ever, Ben didn't come out to sign stuff and talk to people! Quite a disappointment, mostly because of the whole remembering to bring CDs thing. Maybe that gold suit takes a while to peel off, I don't know. Erika did give a cigarette to a Rooney band member, though. Now she's hoping they become famous and that will be like giving Keith Richards a cigarette. We'll see.

Also, I made a scarf. and got another package!

Libellés :

9 Comments:

At 10/30/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Molly said...

The show sounds like it was fun! Too bad you remembered CDs and he didn't come out to sign them, I always have that kind of luck when I remember things.

I will have to keep my eyes on the Rooney band to see if they become famous!

 
At 10/31/2006 12:43 AM, Blogger Nic said...

OMIGOD now I have that song stuck in my head sooo pllleeeeease baby please GET THIS SONG OUT!

 
At 10/31/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly, yes. Too bad!

Polly, I'm so, so sorry. Try singing the Flintstones theme song. It's supposed to get songs out of your head without getting stuck in there itself.

 
At 10/31/2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Oooh, you lucky duck, I just adore him.

 
At 10/31/2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

he is quite adorable, isn't he, Jay.

 
At 10/31/2006 7:06 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

Aww, yay Ben. I've missed him. Haven't seen him in a while.

 
At 11/01/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Jasclo, he misses you too!

 
At 11/03/2006 1:09 AM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

i feel famous knowing you! did i tell you i saw Mayim Bialik of Blossom fame at urban outfitters? not exactly an A list (or even F list)celebrity sighting but beggars can't be choosers.

 
At 11/03/2006 9:20 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

wow, Sarah! I'm impressed you recognized her!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home