princess genevieve

vendredi, novembre 03, 2006

A PSA

I just thought I'd tell you guys about an online thing I've discovered that I think is really cool. Paperbackswap.com. You list books you own but are willing to trade with others, and they do the same. You pay for the postage to mail your book if someone requests it, but someone else pays the postage to send the books you request, so it all balances out. I love it. I've got so many books that I'll never read again, and that's a good way to clean house a bit and get new books. I use it mostly for the books I want that the library doesn't have, and I generally post them back as soon as I'm done reading them.

I remembered yesterday that they have a sister site, Swapacd.com, which is the same idea. It's legal because the CDs are used, so royalties have already been paid to the artists. I posted some CDs yesterday and ordered two new ones. I also filled my wishlist! My favorite thing about both sites is the wishlist. You list what you would like, and if someone posts it and you're first in line on the wishlist, they send you an email asking if you want it before it gets posted to the whole site.

Generally, I don't get rid of CDs the way I do books. I will go through phases where I listen to CDs that I haven't listened to in years. However, I do have some stuff that I just can't EVER see myself listening to again. I went through a very mainstream music period, AKA high school. (embarrassing fact: my favorite band was New Kids on the Block.) Just ask my friend Martha. She was always trying to get me in to her music, but I couldn't be bothered. Souxie and the Banshees? Too weird! She'll confirm I've come a long way, baby.

I've also got CDs that I bought because I loved that one song, but turns out, I didn't love the rest of the CD. Those can go. And if someone else will enjoy them, so much the better.

Of the 10 CDs I posted last night, 2 have already been requested. Godspeed, Eric Clapton and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I hope you will be happy in your new homes and get more play than I ever gave you.

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Mama said...

What a great site! Thanks for sharing. I've registered and am about to list my first nine (need to get the free credits while they're hot!)

ps: check your email

 
At 11/04/2006 2:48 AM, Blogger Jasclo said...

You were into mainstream music? NO WAY! :)

 
At 11/04/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Hi Vieve.

I just posted a bunch of paperbacks. Good idea! I hope it works well.

 
At 11/06/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I only posted my paperbacks two days ago and I have already sent out four! Crazy!

 
At 11/06/2006 11:51 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Jasclo, I KNOW! Can you believe.

M, awesome. It's a great site & I think you will have fun!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home