princess genevieve

mercredi, novembre 29, 2006

I'd Love a Smoke-Free DC!

Yesterday, I went out to lunch. I had made a reservation, and when we got there, the host looked at me sadly and said, "Is non-smoking alright? The smoking section is full."

I must've given him a quizzical look in return, because then he said, "It's only a month until the smoking ban goes in to full effect. People are trying to smoke while they still can."

HOORAY! I had forgotten about the smoking ban! Earlier in the year, there was a partial smoking ban, which meant you could only smoke in the bar areas of restaurants. Soon, on January 2 to be exact, you won't be able to smoke at all in restaurants or bars.

Which means for me, no more spraying Febreeze on my coat when I come home from going out and no more sniffing my hair to decide if I have to wash it before getting in to bed. Lovely!

Libellés :

6 Comments:

At 11/29/2006 2:51 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

You know, I have now lived in a couple of smoke-free cities and it's great. Gary and my mom have asthma so it's really tough for them to be around smokers. It is actually kind of shocking now for me to see people smoking in restaurants.

 
At 11/29/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Smoke free is wonderful (though a total curse word (concept?) here in the South). I always hate coming home and having to wash my hair to get the smoke out of it before going to bed.

 
At 11/29/2006 4:57 PM, Blogger Amie said...

As as libertarian, I don't believe the gov't has any right to tell a business what they have to ban. However, I can understand how you would appreciate the benefits of a smoke free city.

 
At 11/29/2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amie, yeah, I can understand that viewpoint, and the idea that restaurants will ban smoking if the market forces them to. However, I'll still be happier going out in smoke-free bars ;-)

 
At 11/30/2006 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Went to deliver film festival brochures at Tryst the other night. Almost coughed up a lung due to severe smoke ingestion, which reminds me why I never go there. Looking forward to ban. I noticed into today's W.Post that apartment buildings are getting in on the act. I think that might go to far, I think people shouldn't be kicked out of their homes if they smoke, but I welcome drinking my mocha without the eau de Marlboro...

 
At 11/30/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Tryst is TERRIBLE! It's always smokey in there. I really like it but can't tolerate that, so yay, we can go there after Jan 2!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home