princess genevieve

jeudi, décembre 07, 2006

Thank You, Teddy!

Yesterday, I went to the dermatologist. I had this little bump on my chin and I wanted it off.

"No problem," says she. "We'll take that right off." Then she turns away from me, and says, "Teddy? Are you ready?"

I was confused. She knows my name! When she was pregnant, she even told me she was considering Genevieve as her baby's name. (I think she ended up with Eva, though.)

And then. She hands me a small teddy bear. Light dawns! THIS is Teddy! Wait. This is going to HURT? I will need a teddy bear to comfort me?

She says, "Hug Teddy and squeeze him if you need to."

I say, "It's going to HURT?"

She says, "YES. I have to burn it off."

Oh my. I got ready. And. It hurt. Teddy got quite a squeeze. But I was a brave girl and I survived, and my chin looks so much better. Just a bit red. From all the burning, I suppose.

Thanks, Teddy. I couldn't have done it without you.

Libellés :

8 Comments:

At 12/07/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Did you at least get a sticker for being brave?

 
At 12/07/2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

no, sadly. But I did get three sample tubes of an ointment I need to use on my chin, as well as a sample bar of Dove soap and a small tube of hand cream. Does that count?

 
At 12/07/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Owww! I think every doctor needs a teddy bear.

 
At 12/07/2006 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

It sounds great that you can get stuff removed with just a squeeze of a teddy bear. When I get home tonight I am going to look for something to remove so that I can try this too.

 
At 12/07/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

amie, I agree!

rhea, I think you probably also need a doctor to do the burning off bit, but if you can get it to work just by squeezing the bear, let me know. That sounds way less painful!

 
At 12/07/2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

what? no photo of the bear?
Still it was good that you got the bump off there and then. Better than having to make another appointment for a procedure.

 
At 12/07/2006 10:14 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

Yeeee! Darn girl! Not even a lollipop!? Sigh.

Hope it feels better!

 
At 12/07/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, if I have to do it again (let's hope not, but I have to go back in a month to make sure) I'll try to snap a photo of the famous Teddy! and yeah, I agree, better to do it then & there rather than me have to come back. This way I had no time to get nervous.

Jasclo, I KNOW! but they do have a candy dish of hard candy so I did get a butterscotch disk on the way out.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home