princess genevieve

lundi, août 27, 2007

Oh yeah, I think I live here

Hold the phone and stop wondering, I did in fact make it back to Washington in one piece. And let me tell you, it is hot here. Saturday it was actually 102F at one point! (For all you metric users, I think that's like 38C? Something like that) After cold, grey, and damp Belgium, I simply am not used to this. I actually went to get a jacket out of the closet this morning before remembering I don't need that here right now.

Saturday, my friend Erika and I drove up to Annapolis to eat crabs. They were really expensive, but seeing as how we drove all the way up there, we paid. (I say all the way... it was 40 minutes. To us that is a long drive, but I know for lots of people who grew up in places like Texas or on a farm in Australia that's nothing.) And ate. And they were really good. One crab was maybe the best I've eaten. Yeah. Ever.

And yesterday, I went to see the Indigo Girls, for what was maybe my 30th Indigo Girls concert? I've so lost count by now. The show was good, although we were sitting in this box that was over the floor seats, and every time people danced it rocked a bit. I almost had to get off.

And today it was back to real life, with a trip to the doctor, work, and visiting the pharmacy. But hey! Real life only lasts a week, since I'll be going back to Belgium next Tuesday. Belgium maybe is becoming my real life...

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 8/27/2007 7:46 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Wow! Belgium again! How long is this commute going to continue?

(ps....I just love crab!)

 
At 8/27/2007 8:29 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

not sure! maybe not that much longer.

I love crabs too. Nothing better than an afternoon outside, table covered in newspaper, and crabs everywhere!

 
At 8/28/2007 12:35 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Where did you go in Annapolis for your crab feast? Annapolis is one of my favorite stomping grounds, though I don't do seafood.

 
At 8/28/2007 1:07 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly - we went to Cantler's. I love it there.

Amie - thank you!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home