princess genevieve

mardi, septembre 21, 2004

Garden State

I'm sitting at my desk listening to my Garden State soundtrack. If you haven't seen the movie, I am telling you now, rush right out and see it. I feel like Zach Braff was able to capture exactly how it feels to be 20-something and not have a clue what's going on in your life. And how you think you have some kind of plan worked out, or at least a way to live your life so that you're feeling OK about everything, and then things happen -- good or bad -- that change that plan. And sometimes you can deal with it and sometimes you can't.

I've seen the movie twice now. The first time was actually in the Garden State, when I went to the beach and there was a hurricane. The second time was a few weeks ago with Kate.

The soundtrack is amazingly good. Except, I must say, the version of Such Great Heights that's on here. I much prefer the Postal Service's original version of that song. I keep playing tracks 2 and 3 (In the Waiting Line, Zero 7, and New Slang, The Shins) over and over.

1 Comments:

At 9/24/2004 9:00 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

It's great. You will love it. I mean great like I'd pay to see it a third time in the theatre.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home