princess genevieve

vendredi, février 04, 2005

Belfast con't

OK, I know I said I'd continue like, 2 days ago, but I got busy at work. It's amazing what you miss when you're gone for a week.

Anyway, on Thursday we were still in Belfast. We walked over to the tourism office in the morning to ask about tours of the Troubles, and then we went to TK Maxx so I could buy a pair of socks (I was one pair short for the trip.) TK Maxx is just like TJ Maxx. I have no idea why it's TK and not TJ. Then went to Tesco to stock up on lunch supplies for the bus tour.

The tour was pretty good. We got to see a lot of the murals that are on the buildings, and learn about the Troubles. Saw the headquarters of Sinn Fein.

In the afternoon, we took the public bus out to the Belfast Castle. All the public buses were double deckers. And, amazingly, the drivers give you change! The castle was OK. It was built in 1870, so it's not that old, and it seems like they mostly use it for receptions. They had a garden filled with cat statutes and cat mosaics, which was a little strange.

That night, we left for Edinburgh, so stay tuned.

PS if anyone wants to see pictures, since I can't figure out how to post them here, email or leave me a comment.

1 Comments:

At 2/07/2005 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I would like to see pictures. Are they saved on snapfish?

Leslie

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home