princess genevieve

lundi, décembre 05, 2005

I smell

like Bath & Body Works Cool citrus Basil or something to that effect. The doctor told me I need to moisturize more, to prevent eczema and to get rid of the eczema I already have. So in addition to my nightly moisturizing, I've added a morning version. At night, I use Nivea creme, but it's too greasy to put on to do anything other than jump into bed. So this morning, I just grabbed the other bottle of lotion that was on my nightstand.

I'm not sure how I feel about the smell. It's nice, but slightly distracting. Anyone have any lotion recommendations? I use the Nivea creme at night, and I use Nivea Soft for my hands during the day. But I think I need a little variety! Anyone use something other than Nivea?

9 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 11:46 AM, Blogger Molly said...

I'm a big fan of the before bed Nivea Night Cream ritual, that stuff is great. I have super dry skin so I am always slathering on lotion...my daytime favorite of the moment is Suave Natural Oatmeal lotion. It works well to make my skin less dry/itchy AND I love the smell. It is not perfumey it just smells clean.

 
At 12/05/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I like that Night Cream too. For day, I really like Crabtree and Evelyn's Gardener's lotion. It's really for hands but I use it everywhere and I like the smell.

 
At 12/05/2005 2:11 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

OK, I'm totally going to check out the Nivea Night Cream. Thanks for the concurrence, girls... makes it easier!

Will also check out Suave Oatmeal and C & E's gardener's lotion.

I also love, love, love L'Occitaine's shea butter lavender hand creme, but don't want to smell like lavender all day long.

 
At 12/05/2005 4:27 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I like olay quench. I also like the suave natural oatmeal.

 
At 12/05/2005 4:31 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

excellent, Amie. You guys have great tips!

also, I like that most of these are available at CVS and I probably even have coupons for them :-)

 
At 12/05/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger Bridget Unnel said...

Seriously, check out "Olay Moisturinse" for in the shower. It's amazing. I have super dry skin and swear by this new product. (http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=275411)

 
At 12/05/2005 4:34 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I'm so making a CVS list. Thanks, Bridget! That stuff looks great.

 
At 12/06/2005 12:43 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

My two favourites for the morning(not sure whether these variants are available in the US though) are J&J pH 5.5 Moisturizing Body Wash (for the shower) and then Dove Body Silk (very light and silky-feeling moisturising cream with unassuming scent that comes in a pot).

 
At 12/06/2005 10:50 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

hey Paisley, I looked those up, and I don't think I can get them here. oh well, trip time! I've been wanting to go to Australia, anyway!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home