princess genevieve

lundi, avril 10, 2006

Flambed bread, anyone?

First off, I've been trying to post a picture of the ugly sock all morning, and it's not uploading. I'll let you know when it's up.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! My friends Robin & Byron came over for dinner on Saturday. We drank a lot of the sangria I made on Friday. Actually, we drank all of the sangria I made on Friday. Which lead to two interesting things.

Byron declared that only Bacardi 151 catches on fire. In order to prove this theory, he poured some brandy into a bowl and attempted to light it on fire. Nothing happened. I didn't have Bacardi 151, but I did have Bacardi Gold. So we poured some of that into a different bowl, and tried to light it. Nothing. Robin added a piece of bread, and lit that. It flambed! Just like bananas would. Then Byron ate it, and declared it to be one of the most disgusting things he ever consumed. He said he was going to tell everyone I had served it to him and they should never eat at my house! Now, since everything I cooked was quite delicious, I took offense to this, and told him he could tell people he ate flambed bread at my house, but he had to point out it was HIS idea. And that he made it himself.

The second thing is that I decided the theme of my birthday party. 31-to-21. Inspired by an empty bottle of Mad Dog that I saw on the sidewalk the other day, the idea is that everyone will bring their favorite beverage from college. Generally speaking, this means bad, cheap drinks, like the afformentioned Mad Dog, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill, wine-in-a-box, Rolling Rock, etc. I think it will be funny to see what people bring.

I also can't get spell check to open. is anyone else having blogger issues today?

2 Comments:

At 4/11/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Interesting theme. The only drink I had in college was a daquari or wine coolers.

 
At 4/11/2006 11:07 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Wine coolers would definitely qualify. They are cheap and bad! Daquaris, well, I haven't had one in years, but some people might still drink them, so I'm going to put them in the "too high class for this party" category. :-) (and now, I am dreaming of a strawberry daquari with whipped cream...)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home