princess genevieve

vendredi, mars 31, 2006

So Nice, I get to do it Twice

Last weekend, England changed over to Daylight Savings Time, which they call British Summer Time. Spring forward for me! This weekend, we do it here in the States. I actually love Daylight Savings Time. I love that it stays light later into the night. What I do not love, however, is the springing forward bit. If I had to change times twice, couldn't I have gotten the fall back part twice? Then I'd have 2 extra hours this year. Oh well.

5 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 12:19 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

So, I'm not sure about the logistics, but it seems that you've lost TWO hours to the "savings time" thing. That just does not seem fair. You should write a sternly worded letter of complaint and ask for a refund.

 
At 4/02/2006 4:31 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Good thing I read your post yesterday, I didn't realize it was this weekend.

 
At 4/02/2006 11:49 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I just got my hour back this weekend as we switched back to non-daylight savings time. Now I have to walk home from the station in the dark. :-(
Hmmm... you've lost 2 hours in one seasonal changeover. You'll have to do another trip when daylight savings ends, so that you can get both hours back. Otherwise you'll be an hour in arrears!

 
At 4/03/2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Molly said...

The extra hour of light at night is nice, but giving up the hour on Sunday is not. I still feel rather tired today.

 
At 4/03/2006 11:02 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Jasclo, I agree. To whom should I address the letter? Dear World Time Keepers, perhaps.

Amie, glad to be of service!

Paisley, what an excellent suggestion.

Molly, me too! I wanted to stay home today.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home