princess genevieve

mardi, mars 28, 2006

Tab!



Did anyone know they still sell Tab? I took this picture last night in Safeway. Please note the large empty spot to the left of the Tab on the shelf. This is how my grocery operates - the stuff you don't want is on the shelf, the stuff you do, sold out. Almost all the Safeways in Washington have nicknames. The nickname of my Safeway is the Spanish Safeway, although there is a Soviet Safeway in some other lucky soul's neighborhood. I can't imagine it being more empty than my store.

Anyway, Tab. My aunts used to drink it when I was little, in the 70s. My grandparents had a pool in the backyard, and I remember hanging out back there with them, while they were drinking Tab. It tasted bad. I wonder if it still does. But I don't wonder enough to buy the six pack.

Who am I kidding? You didn't come here for Tab stories or Safeway rants. You came to see more pictures! I'll have the last of them up tomorrow... it was taking too much time to do them all today.

4 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Remember how we had nicknames for all the grocery stores in San Antonio? There was the Ghetto Heeb and then the Gucci Heeb. And finally, the Taj Maheeb.

 
At 3/29/2006 10:33 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Yes! The Taj Maheeb was the best of the three, for sure. I mean, they had good Chinese food in the deli and a gas station!

 
At 3/29/2006 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I cannot BELIEVE Tab is still sold! I think my mom drank that all through her pregnancy with me (which explains a lot) and I seem to recall us having it in the house until I was in fifth grade or so. Crazy! I used to like it, but it probably really tastes kind of nasty after so many years of drinking delicious, delicious Diet Coke.

 
At 3/29/2006 7:54 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Yes, I've see Tab around. I love these random shots.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home