princess genevieve

mardi, avril 04, 2006

Voicemail Woes

You know how I have sometimes received messages from someone looking for someone else on my home voice mail? It's been happening again. Every day last week, I got a message from someone looking for Edna. She wants Edna to call her back to get the addresses she was looking for. She's left this message on my voicemail like 7 times now.

Yesterday, I got a message saying, "Oh, I'm not leaving another message, I've already left thousands."

Do you think it would maybe occur to the message-leaver that she has the wrong number? Especially as my voicemail starts with "Hi, this is Genevieve."

I changed my outgoing message to include a message that says "if you're calling from phone number 202-xxx-xxxx please do not leave another message. You have the wrong number."

I'm not sure if it will work. Clearly, she already doesn't listen to my outgoing message. If I get another message, I suppose I'll call them back. I've got the number on caller ID.

5 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 3:15 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Poor Edna is probably going to lose a friend because of you *laugh*

I don't understand how people do NOT listen to the message before leaving a voicemail. After not getting a call back from Edna, you would think the lady would pay a BIT more attention.

 
At 4/04/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Yes, exactly! After not getting a call back when you've left a message a day for a week! I always listen - what if I've dialed the wrong number?

 
At 4/04/2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I always listen too! Yesterday when I called my doctor's office they answered with a fancy new title and I had to ask to make sure I called the right place.

By the way, I got the postcard you sent today! I forgot all about that, it was a nice surprise. Thanks! :D

 
At 4/05/2006 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

My old roommate and I used to get messages from a bunch of different people looking for some woman named "Charlotte Kakes." We found her in the phone book, and sure enough, she was listed under our number. But changing our outgoing message to say, "If you're looking for Charlotte, this is the wrong number" seemed to help. It was SO frustrating for awhile!

 
At 4/05/2006 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

My voicemail doesn't say my name, but I get calls for some dude named Wyndom Tyson all the time and it's really frustrating...particularly because I think Wyndom Tyson has so bad credit and nasty creditors are always calling, despite my answering the phone telling them that they have the wrong number. They always think I'm lying...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home