princess genevieve

vendredi, avril 28, 2006

Thank You, Mr. Ronald Wooden

At 4 am, my phone started ringing. Of course, I was asleep. And the ringing woke me up in the middle of a scary dream that I might not otherwise have been aware I was having. I think I blame er and their Darfur centered episode last night for the scary dream.

I did not get up and answer the phone. I don't answer the phone if I'm in bed, unless I am expecting a call. A 4 am call is going to be one of two things: a wrong number, or really, really bad news. I did get up and check the caller ID, though, and then check to see if I had a voice mail. If it had been an emergency, I would have called back right away, so don't worry that I'm abandoning people in the middle of the night for my beauty sleep.

Caller ID said Wooden, Ronald. I don't know a Ronald or a Wooden. No voice mail. So thank you, Mr. Wooden. I'm assuming you dialed the wrong number. At 4 am. I hope you are either a doctor or a newspaper delivery boy. 'cause the only other reasons I can think for a 4 am phone call aren't nearly as polite. Or as legal.

4 Comments:

At 4/29/2006 3:02 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

Your caller ID gives names? That's pretty sophisticated.

 
At 4/29/2006 2:59 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Sometimes. It gives me the name if the person is calling from a landline (or the name of the company they are calling from). If they are calling from a Sprint cell phone, it will give me their name because that's who I have for long distance. If they are calling from another kind of cell phone, it will just say LOUISIANA or DIST OF COLUMBIA or whatever.

That's just the caller ID on the house phone. my cell phone only gives me names if they are programed in to my address book.

What does yours do? Just numbers?

 
At 5/01/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Just numbers - and only if you pay extra to subscribe to Caller ID.

 
At 5/03/2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, we have to pay extra for caller id, too, on landlines. free on cell phones.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home