princess genevieve

mardi, avril 18, 2006

Weird and Random Things (and I Hate Safeway)

Last night, Rebeccah kindly drove me home from a movie screening. I needed to stop at Safeway, so we did. Have I mentioned that I hate Safeway? I have, you say? Well. Sorry about that, but you would too, I promise. Last night, I just needed milk and salad and Easter candy. Got the salad. Got the Easter candy. Milk? They were running low. I had to get 1% instead of skim because they were all out of skim. And most of the 1% expired on April 17, so I had to be very selective. But that wasn't the worst of it. The worst of it was there was only one line open. I think we waited about 20 minutes for these little things! It was only 10:00. The store closes at midnight. I mean, if you're going to be open, be open.

Around 1 am, I was awoken by the sound of low flying helicopters. It's not all that unusual to see or hear low flying helicopters near my house. What was unusual, though, was that they sounded a lot lower and a lot closer to my house than normal. Like they were in my living room. And they didn't just circle by... it kept going, on and on, for about a half an hour. I got up and tried to look for them out the window, but I didn't see them. It was actually getting a little scary... I tried reminding myself that it wasn't the Blitz, but it's not all that easy to do when there are low flying helicopters waking you up at 1 in the morning.

As a result, I'm a little tired today.

And I just got one of those emails where people in Africa ask you for money and then you'll get a million dollars because you're someone's last living relative. The only thing weird about this one is that it's in French. How do they know I can read it? Or do they not care? (I didn't actually open it - gmail shows you the beginning of the email in the subject line, if they subject isn't too long.)

Still listening to Belle & Sebastian.

2 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 11:11 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Perhaps it was Christopher Henderson in pursuit of Jack Bauer in the helicopter...oh wait 24 takes place in LA.

There is nothing worse than going to a store and having to wait in line FORever for a couple of things. a pet peeve of mine indeed!

 
At 4/18/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I found out what it was... they were chasing a carjacker who hid near the zoo!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home