princess genevieve

jeudi, avril 13, 2006

Take Me out to the Ballgame



I went to my first baseball game of the season last night with my parents. Even though the Mets beat the Nationals, we still had fun. Although as you can see from the yellow seats in the picture, it was not a sell-out game.

They need better food at RFK. There aren't very many choices, and what they do have isn't good and it's expensive. They could take lessons from Camden Yards - it's expensive still, but what they have is generally pretty good. Come on, Dippin' Dots? The Ice Cream of the Future, which I was first introduced to when I lived in San Antonio, over 10 years ago, isn't good. Also, I'd say "the future" is here and guess what, plastic pellets *still* aren't considered ice cream.

I did like that when there was a Nationals home run, some fireworks went off. That's a nice touch!

6 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 1:49 PM, Blogger DDanielle said...

argggh Dippin Dots ARE NOT the ice cream of the future! I don't know why they annoy me so much but they do. My husband thinks its funny to point them out whenever we see them somewhere, because I usually yell out "Dippin Dots ARE NOT the ice cream of the future, it's all a LIE I tell you, A LIE!!!"
I guess he enjoys being with a crazy woman.

 
At 4/13/2006 1:58 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ddk, I totally agree! Dippin Dots are just plain weird... they are NOT ice cream and I wish they would stop billing them as such! Also, I mean, does anyone (besides very small children who don't know any better) actually eat them?

 
At 4/14/2006 11:19 PM, Blogger Jasclo said...

i have never had those things. and i'm not sure that i would ever buy it.

 
At 4/16/2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Dippin Dots may not be ice cream but perhaps I am overly futuristic they always call to me and there IS something intriguing about them! Perhaps I am part alien :-)

 
At 4/17/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

OK - I'll bite - what sort of ice confection delicacy are Dippin Dots?

 
At 4/17/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly, maybe you *are* part alien! I don't know anyone else who likes those :-)

Paisley, dippin dots are very hard to describe. They are little pellets of something cold that is flavored to taste like ice cream flavors (like mint chocolate chip or rocky road) but they don't taste to me like ice cream at all. Maybe Molly can clarify. I checked - you're in luck, they sell them in Oz. Here's the site: http://www.dippindots.com.au/

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home