princess genevieve

vendredi, avril 21, 2006

Photo Journalism, or, Genevieve shouldn't quit her day job just yet

So, I realized I talk a lot about my neighborhood, but I don't show you guys too many photos. These are some I took last night, except for the one above, which I took this morning. All week I've been meaning to take a picture of the fallen cherry blossoms on the sidewalk. They looked like cotton candy, so pink and fluffy and pretty. Today, they look a little old and raggity, but it's the best I could do. and yeah, the cup on the street is pretty typical litter.
Look what I found in Safeway last night! I bought 8. I couldn't decided how many to buy.
This is our gas station. We only have one in the 'hood, and look how much gas costs! The photo isn't great, so in case you can't read it, regular gas is $3.24. How much is gas where you live these days?
And this is a picture of the main intersection in my neighborhood, Columbia Rd NW and 18th St NW. That's a Starbucks, but it used to be a Chinese place and then a chicken wings place, but I always thought those were drug fronts. (not for any real reason other than no one was ever eating in those places.) Sorry this one is so blurry, but I kinda liked it that way.

Is there anything anyone would like to see a picture of? I'll try to take some this weekend, if it doesn't pour down rain, and I'll actually use the real camera, not the camera phone!

5 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Molly said...

A Starbucks so close by? Consider me green with envy.

Gas here is $2.86 at the moment, which I guess is not so bad compared to what you are paying!

 
At 4/21/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ah, the irony, Molly... I don't drink coffee so I never go to Starbucks. There's also another (independent) coffee shop 2 blocks closer to my house, and I do go there sometimes for hot chocolate and crossants.

$2.86 is still a lot, but I have a feeling $3.24 is going to be higher than nearly everyone else's prices!

 
At 4/24/2006 6:07 AM, Blogger Reuss said...

Heh, is that per gallon? If so, then by my calculation that's the equivalent of £0.48 per litre... we are currently paying approximatly £0.96 per litre, which is roughly $6.46 a gallon.

Do I win? ;)

 
At 4/24/2006 8:00 AM, Blogger Amie said...

2.88 as of last night.

Cool pics! How about a pic of the guy who tries to get on the bus first everyday LOL

 
At 4/24/2006 3:04 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Reuss, yes, you WIN! Our price is per gallon. Although I'm not sure this is a contest we want to be winning... i think I'd rather be the loser here.

Amie, I thought about posting a picture of him, but then decided that might be some kind of invasion of privacy. How about a picture of the bus stop instead? (not nearly as exciting, I know!)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home