princess genevieve

jeudi, mai 04, 2006

Annapolis, or, I meet a biker

Yesterday, Erika and I took the afternoon off and drove up to Annapolis. We were going to a Ben Lee show, and decided that it would be a good idea to beat traffic and leave earlier to get there. We walked around Annapolis, which is a really cute town. We sat by the water and freaked out when ducks came near us. We went to eat crabs.

We went to a place called Cantler's for crabs. It was on the water, and they had their own dock, so we sat out on their deck and watched people arrive by boat. How much fun would that be? Your main form of transportation being boat, I mean. Super fun. Anyway. We were eating and eating, and this biker walks in, with a full on leather jacket and jingly spurs. He sits down at the table across from us, and then a few minutes later, leans in to me and says, "Sweetie? I don't mean to be rude, but you might want to um, pull up your pants."

OK. I knew what he was saying. Low cut jeans do not do a lot in the whole sitting down, leaning over a table, covering your underwear category. I already knew my underwear was sticking out for the whole world to see, and I didn't much care. There wasn't a lot I could do about it... I mean, my hands were covered in crab. If I pulled my shirt down, it was just going to slide back up. But now that I KNEW a biker was looking at my underwear, I mean, really knew, I felt really embarrassed and self conscious about it. So I tried to tuck my shirt into my jeans. I have no idea if that helped or not.

The biker kept talking to us! He even gave us his business cards. He said he's opening a bar in Houston, Texas, and if we're ever there we should email him for a free lunch. He also said he could tell we were "Maryland girls" by the way we were eating our crabs.

Alright, fair enough. But Louisiana girls know how to eat crabs, too.

The Ben Lee show was great. I love seeing him live, as I'm sure you've all figured out by now. The venue was a little strange, and we were sitting down the whole night at tables, and there were notes on each table saying "NO DANCING!" Like Footloose! (ironically, the Bacon Brothers will be playing later this month)

On our way out, one of our table mates handed us CDs of his band, Wes Tucker & the Skillets. I'm listening to it right now. It's pretty good.

3 Comments:

At 5/04/2006 9:45 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

ouch - that's a bit embarrassing. I bought new jeans a few weeks ago in order to avoid the whole "plumbers' cleavage" thing.
My package arrived last night - I haven't unwrapped the pressies - I'm trying to be restrained and wait for next Friday - but lots of thank-yous in advance. :-)

 
At 5/05/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I hope you like the birthday gifties!!

 
At 5/10/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Molly said...

*laugh* It always surprises me how many bikers there are in Annapolis hanging out. Totally embarassing that he pointed out that he was looking at your underwear!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home