princess genevieve

jeudi, juin 22, 2006

I'm Back

I had a productive and nice trip. I spent yesterday afternoon with one of my cousins, eating snowballs (which are so much better than sno-cones; I can't even eat those things) and sitting on her balcony, which is right on St. Charles Avenue. I could still see the beads caught in the trees from Mardi Gras, when riders tried to toss them to Katie & her friends but missed. Katie's house is on the corner with Milan Street, which in the grand tradition of New Orleans pronunciations is pronounced not like the city in Italy but My-lyn, emphasis on the My. (come on, you knew that was coming. This is the city that pronounces Calliope Street Cal-lee-ope, not Ca-lie-o-pe.)

For those of you who have been waiting a week to find out how my dinner with Molly was, I can say it was delicious and Molly is delightful company.

Wanna see what my SP8 sent me?

2 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger Molly said...

Glad to hear you had a productive trip to NOLA!

It was really fun hanging out last weekend! I wish I was there to do it again this weekend...yum creme brule!

 
At 6/26/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Molly, I had fun with you too! You should come back soon!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home