princess genevieve

mardi, février 13, 2007

Transportation Woes

It's snowing today. Sort of. It was snowing this morning and now it's sort of icing/raining.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 9:30, so instead of the usual bus, I walked myself to the metro station. It's about 15 minutes by foot from my house. I go down the giant escalator, and then. I am blocked! I can't get to the turnstiles, let alone through the turnstiles.

Apparently, the trains are all full. The platform is full and they were not letting people enter the station.

I turned around. Went back outside, and called the doctor and said I couldn't get there. Then I got on a bus that seemed to be headed downtown, towards my office. It didn't get as close as my normal bus, but it was only a 10 minute walk from where I did get off, so not too bad.

Here's hoping my evening commute will be easier.

Libellés :

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2007 2:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Stories like that almost are enough to make me glad that I don't live in a big enough city to rely on public transportation. Ugh...glad you made it to work without too many problems!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home