princess genevieve

mardi, octobre 16, 2007

Mystery

It's a mystery. I have a red rash around both eyes, and the skin there is all dry and flaky and it kind of hurts. It just appeared yesterday, for no apparent reason.

I went to the pharmacy to ask for help. When I got there, I realized I didn't know the word for "rash" in French, so I just said, "The skin under my eyes? It's a problem." and pointed. She got the idea. I was then hit by a barrage of questions - had I changed soaps? Used a new makeup? Done anything differently?

No, no, and no. So, she decided the best course of action is to try a cream to moisturize, and hope it goes away on its own. She thinks it looks like I'm allergic to something, but she doesn't know what. If it doesn't go away by the end of the week I'm supposed to go to the doctor.

I hope it goes away on its own. I don't relish the idea of filing a foreign doctor's fees with my insurance company.

Libellés :

6 Comments:

At 10/16/2007 9:42 AM, Blogger Mama said...

do you happen to have any cortizone (sp?) cream with you? Or, can you get some from the pharmacy? Might be a better option to regular lotion...

 
At 10/16/2007 9:47 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I don't actually. But that is a good idea. The lotion she gave me is special eye area lotion.

 
At 10/16/2007 1:21 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Hope it goes away! I agree with the above comment, something with a bit of cortizone is probably your best bet.

 
At 10/16/2007 2:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hope you have some luck chasing it away. Mystery rashes are never fun!

 
At 10/16/2007 9:48 PM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

oh dear i hope it goes away soon! :S i hate rashes... bleh

 
At 10/17/2007 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Weird! Know what always works for strange skin conditions/excessive dryness? Aquaphor. Not sure if they have it where you are right now, but if they do, it will get your eyes back to normal snappy quick.

P.S. Going to see Ben Lee in LA in December. Woot! How do you like the new album? I'm not CRAZY about it, but there's some good stuff.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home