princess genevieve

jeudi, février 14, 2008

The de-Americanization of Genevieve

I think my brain is turning weird. Lately, American words have been drifting away from my vocabulary, and instead, I either think the French word or the British word. Like yesterday, I was trying to think of the word for "cell phone" and instead of cell phone, I thought "mobile." But not only mobile, pronounced in the American way of mobile, but in the English way of mobile, rhyming with crocodile.

Is this what happens when you spend so much time abroad? Next thing you know, I'll be calling apartments flats and chips crisps and fries chips and spelling with "s"es and extra "u"s and then the world will be ALL upside down.

Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

At 2/14/2008 1:24 PM, Blogger trash said...

See what happens you become a jetsetter? Before you know where you are you will be a fully paid up member of the Eurotrash set!

 
At 2/14/2008 1:28 PM, Blogger trash said...

Plus I would have spelt Americanization with an 'S'!!!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home