princess genevieve

mardi, février 12, 2008

Potomac Primary

Today is the Potomac Primary - the day that the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia all have their primaries. I'm in Belgium, so I'm obviously missing it. It's a bit sad... I'm sure it would be pretty crazy and fun.

I did, however, vote early. I went on Saturday morning to vote before I left. It's pretty great that we have that option. I didn't know far enough in advance that I would be away, so I couldn't request an absentee ballot. Voting early was my only option. And they even gave me my "I voted" sticker. (In fact, they were pretty insistant I take it, and they even chased one guy down the hall when he forgot his.)

This is not a political blog, so I'm not going to tell you who I voted for, but I will tell you that I voted in the Democratic primary.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 2/12/2008 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Waited 1.20 hours to vote in Takoma, DC. I had to vote by special ballot because of the move. There were a lot of people there when the polls opened at 7. My ballot will only be counted if it's close, and too bad for Hill, but Obama will probably take DC by a big margain based on the signs.

 
At 2/12/2008 9:34 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

that is a very long time to wait to vote!! Alison said she didn't have to wait at all but she was also the like 10th person in line before the place opened.

 
At 2/12/2008 2:11 PM, Blogger trash said...

I think the election set-up you guys have is interesting (if a little odd). It seems to take so long until you actually get a result AND then you have to wait until January before the new broom may sweep through!

tres interesting!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home