princess genevieve

lundi, février 11, 2008

Trials & Tribulations

I managed to arrive in Brussels in one piece. How, I don't know, because the foot rest on my seat on the flight was broken, they forgot to restart the movies (I had to ask), and there was so! much! talking! on the flight that it was impossible to sleep.

And yes, I realize this all makes me sound like a complete and total spoiled brat.


In reality, all that stuff sucked, but the flight itself was fine, and the dinner (boursin lasagna was what I chose) was actually pretty good. I watched Michael Clayton as the winner of the poll (a bit confusing for plane watching, but not bad) and Bee Movie in hopes that it would put me to sleep. (It didn't.)


This time around, I'm staying in an apartment, which is nice because I can do some of my own cooking and not eat out every night. The kitchen in the apartment, though, is pretty poorly stocked, so if anyone has suggestions for things I can cook in one pot (medium sized) on an electric stove (I'm so not used to cooking with electric!) please let me know.


And this:



is what I had to get my luggage up yesterday. The bedroom is up this spiral staircase. I carried the heavier of my two bags up one step at a time, and then decided to just unpack the other one in the living room, and carry the stuff up in little bunches.

In my head, I like spiral staircases. In real life, I actually don't like them at all.

5 Comments:

At 2/11/2008 9:01 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh! My grandparent's cottage had spiral stairs like that! We loved those stairs! Of course, we didn't have to haul anything up them.

 
At 2/11/2008 9:13 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Amie, I'm guessing most kids would love spiral stairs! :-)

 
At 2/11/2008 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

i've always love spiral staircase. but like you said, i dont think they're very practical at all ^_^

 
At 2/11/2008 9:58 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

That's pretty hairy looking staircase - especially for walking down....
As for one-pot meals. I'd be thinking about rice-based dishes. Chicken and Mushroom Risotto would be my favourite - you can just make a small-ish quantity in a medium sized saucepan - that would do you 2 or 3 nights (depending on how hungry you are!).

 
At 2/12/2008 6:11 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, Paisley, good idea on the chicken & mushroom risotto... got any recipes? (there are no measuring utinsels in the apartment, so guessing weights/cups/whatevers is fine...)

and yes, the stairs are kind of scary to walk down!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home