princess genevieve

jeudi, janvier 24, 2008

Playing with Fire

Tuesday night, a few people came over for dinner. I had asked Hugh what he wanted, since I didn't have any ideas, and he said pasta. I had some smoked salmon at home my parents brought me from Alaska, so I decided to use that. I found a recipe online for pasta with a smoked salmon vodka cream sauce, which sounded really good. And even better, you got to light the vodka on fire, which sounded fun in a sort of dangerous kind of way. So I chose that one.

Around 7:30, I realized I didn't really know how to light the vodka on fire without killing myself or setting other things on fire, too, so I called my mom. She said to take it off the heat, and use a long match. I didn't have any long matches, so I called Hugh and asked him to stop at the store on his way over and get some. Even with the long matches, I was still a bit nervous about lighting the thing on fire. So Hugh did it. And he did not light himself or anything else on fire, which is fantastic.

The instructions said to let the flame burn until it went out. But it just seemed to be getting bigger, not going out. And things like tomatoes that were already in the sauce seemed to be burning. So Jan took control, and he decided to blow the flame out.

I swear, I did the rest of the cooking, and did not make my guests cook their own dinners! I think it turned out ok, but maybe I shouldn't pick recipes because they sound dangerous anymore.

Libellés : , ,

3 Comments:

At 1/24/2008 12:53 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Oh man, you should of had the camera ready! We need pictures of this stuff!

 
At 1/24/2008 2:28 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I know! of course I didn't think of it until it was too late... I should keep that thing out and more accessible!

 
At 1/25/2008 1:03 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

you're a braver girl than I am! I love smoked salmon.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home