princess genevieve

mardi, janvier 08, 2008

Adventures on the Tram, #43

I was waiting at the tram stop last night after dinner when I noticed this sort of weird guy. He seemed to be rocking back and forth a lot. I just ignored him.

Of course, he got on the same tram as I did. As I was putting my ticket into the validating box (yeah, yeah, no one else does, what can I say. I'm American, we mostly follow rules, and we pay for things like tram and subway rides) he was standing sort of right over my shoulder, not willing to walk past me to get into a seat. And singing. I kept walking all the way to the back, hoping that he would claim a seat closer to the front and not sit with me.

He did stop at the seat right in front of mine, sat down, and kept singing. We stopped at the next stop, and he let out a really loud scream. It was so odd. The guy across the aisle from me looked at me and opened his eyes really wide, in that universal symbol for "this guy is crazy and we both recognize that."

I was sort of desperate to find out what he was going to do next, but he got off at the next stop.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 1/08/2008 10:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

There sure are a lot of crazy people out there! Weird!

 
At 1/09/2008 9:25 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Aren't you lucky!
Of all the people he could have semi-stalked, he picked you. :)

 
At 1/15/2008 5:52 AM, Blogger Linda Margaret said...

Enjoy your comments about Brussels. I've lived here for around a year now, and it is quite different from les Etats Unis, but with its own great charms. Riding the tram is always an experience-a bit like playing bumper cars with yourself.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home