princess genevieve

mercredi, décembre 12, 2007

There's a hole in the sweater, dear Liza, dear Liza

Monday at work, I suddenly realized I could feel my desk touching my skin. On my arm. Which was supposed to be covered by sleeve.

I looked down, and saw I had a hole in my sleeve. It was fairly big. I received several suggestions on how to deal with this, and one on possible cause.

My friend Carolee suggested I color my arm, so that no one would notice. The sweater was light pink. The only pink coloring utensil I have at work is a pink highlighter. I decided that would draw more attention than it would hide.

At djlicious's birthday party that night, several people suggested I make a patch and attach it over the hole. Then, it was suggested I remove the sleeves and make it into a sweater vest. Because, I was told, "you know how to knit and stuff." Hum. Interesting idea, but it was a turtleneck sweater. Those don't make great vests. When I pointed this out, the dj himself suggested I remove the turtle part and make it into a halter top. Because cashmere makes great halter tops, I suppose.

After the party, I went home, and Hugh stopped by to pick up some stuff he had left at my house a few weeks ago. I showed him the hole, and he offered the scariest thought yet... that the hole was made by moths. MOTHS. He suggested moth balls. But I don't think he quite understood the panic this suggestion gave me. A girl who has so much wool in her house cannot have moths!

I am living in denial. Pretending he did not suggest moths and I am doing nothing about it. This may be a critical error. We shall see.

Speaking of wool, want to see what my Secret Pal Fiona sent me? Want to see what I sent my spoilee Kae?

Libellés : , ,

2 Comments:

At 12/13/2007 12:39 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

You could patch both arms to match...
Just stick some mothballs in your cupboards, then you can stick your head in the sand and ignore the possibility that they might be there at all.

 
At 12/24/2007 3:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

such a small world, but missfee was my spoiler last round!! haha. I think they're recycling us around secret pal ;)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home