princess genevieve

mardi, décembre 04, 2007

New Shoes

Friday at work, I noticed this girl Ann's shoes. I loved them. I told her I thought they were the best shoes ever. Black patent leather flats with a strap across the top, like grown up Mary Janes. She told me, in the strictest confidence, that they came from Payless.

Payless! That is a store I never go in to. But I loved these shoes. I stopped in on my way home from work. I chose a pair that were similar, but not quite the same as, Ann's shoes. I wouldn't want to be a total copycat!

Monday morning, I saw Ann in a meeting, and she said, "You got the same shoes! Cute!" I replied, "Not quite the same... yours have a button, not a buckle, right?" She went back to her office and checked. Exact. Same. Shoes.

Que embarrassing, no? Total copycat. But at least a copycat in cute shoes.

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 12/04/2007 9:09 PM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

totally cute!!! Love them!

 
At 12/04/2007 9:16 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I recently bought some brown Mary Janes.

 
At 12/06/2007 10:10 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Ummm...almost hate to ask this but has "strictest confidence" been expanded to include the internet?

ps: totally cute shoes!

 
At 12/06/2007 10:14 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I am interpreting "strictest confidence" to mean anyone who knows Ann. No one at work reads this. So no one here knows Ann. :-)

ps Thanks!

 
At 12/10/2007 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

From Jasclo (I've totally forgotten my Blogger ID)

Oh I think that's OK! It's funny that you tried really hard not to be the same, though! Nabbalicious and I would have the same things sometimes. Not shoes, though. She wears shoes of death and I can't hack it.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home