princess genevieve

lundi, novembre 05, 2007

No Hot Water

I haven't had hot water in my rented apart-hotel for 5 days. Yes. Since Thursday morning, there has been no hot water.

It's making me a bit grumpy.

Thursday, I washed my hair in cold water. Which was not pleasant. Friday, I took a shower at Erin's. Saturday and Sunday, the water was warm but not hot, but it was OK to shower in. This morning, it was back to freezing, so I heated water on the stove in a big pot and carried it in to the bathroom, where I used a plastic container to pour it over myself.

I felt like a sort of modern-day pioneer girl.

I do not want to be a modern-day pioneer girl.

Allegedly, the water will be fixed tonight. I didn't want to move places since I am leaving Belgium and going home on Thursday.

Wish me luck.

Libellés :

2 Comments:

At 11/06/2007 4:11 PM, Blogger Mama said...

I HATE when that happens - yes, I've actually experienced washing via water heated on the stove and carried to the b-room in a pot.

(I've had a VERY memorable childhood!)

 
At 11/06/2007 9:42 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

ugh! I hope it got fixed. I had that happen to me when I lived in London (worst thing was that it was the middle of winter and no hot water meant no heat either). I took lots of showers at work.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home