princess genevieve

dimanche, novembre 04, 2007

Singing on the Train

I went to Rotterdam yesterday, to meet up with Robert and go to the Dutch Stitch n Bitch. More on that tomorrow, when I actually remember to upload photos and stuff.

Anyway, on the way home, the train was really crowded. I was sitting next to this girl from Rotterdam to Roosendaal and she got off in Roosendaal. This guy got on the train and sat next to me. He was listening to his MP3 player.

About around Antwerp he started singing along to the MP3 player. Sort of loudly. And he wasn't a very good singer. He was singing that song that starts, "I'm just a gigolo..."

When he got to the part where he sang, "and I ain't got nobody!" he got super loud. And then I think he realized he was on a train and people were staring at him. He stopped singing. Apologized. Blushed.

And I'm pretty sure we were on the alleged quiet car. There were signs up saying "Silence!" but no one seemed to enforce it.

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 11/04/2007 6:50 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

They have "quiet" cars on the train? I haven't heard of that before.
At least your "singing gigolo" had the grace to be embarrassed when he realised what he was doing.

 
At 11/05/2007 10:15 AM, Blogger Mama said...

The MARC Train riders would have tossed him out the window! (Remember, we've got vigilantes on our quiet cars!

ps: We were once awakened - while staying in a hotel - by someone singing "One Night In Bancock" at the top of his lungs while running on the treadmill. (Our reoom war right next to the work-out room.)

 
At 11/05/2007 12:32 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Paisley, yes, in the States there are quiet cars on Amtrak trains and other regional trains. No talking, no phones, no video games, etc. This car I think was supposed to be something like that! And yes, at least he was embarrassed.

WMK, too funny about the treadmill guy!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home