princess genevieve

mardi, octobre 30, 2007

A Funny Idea

The other night, my friend Erin asked me if I was homesick. I said no, and then turned around and asked her the same question. She admitted she was, a bit.

I'll be honest, I do get homesick, but it takes a long long time. At this point, because I am able to go home a lot, I'm not really homesick, but I am a bit travel-tired. I feel constantly jet lagged. I miss my friends. I get emails and voicemails from people constantly that start with "I'm not sure what continent you're on right now..."

That's not to say I'm sorry I've been traveling like this this year. On the contrary, I've had a great time, and made new friends, and spent time in a city I may otherwise have ignored. And I will miss coming here when this project is over.

But at the same time, I sort of miss sleeping in my own bed, which is a funny thing for me. I've never really noticed one way or another where I was sleeping. I'm not one of those people who is only able to sleep in her own home. (Luckily for me!) But the other night, when I was trying to sleep but could hear footsteps above my head, I thought, "I want to be in my own bed." And I was shocked that I thought that! But it was true. No one lives over me in Washington. I never hear footsteps over my head.

Of course, I am still planning my next trip even while I'm dreaming of my own home. In 2008, I want to go to Argentina. For vacation. Anyone want to come? Anyone have suggestions for me? It's been on my top-5 list for a while, and I just decided it's time to make it happen.

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 10/30/2007 9:06 AM, Blogger Rachael said...

Any chance you want to come to New Zealand or Southeast Asia? You could meet up with Paul and I when we go... :)

 
At 10/30/2007 9:18 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I would love to do that, and if the Argentina plan falls through, it's definitely something I will consider! Thanks for the invite!

 
At 10/30/2007 10:37 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Let me know when you are going - we have Sisters of Mercy there and they are WONDERFUL! I'd love to have you meet them and get the local flavor : )

and, hey, if you ever want to visit Upper Montgomery County, I'm your gal!

 
At 10/30/2007 10:45 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

WMK, very cool, thank you! en plus, we should totally arrange a rendez vous... maybe post-Christmas, as I am sure we will both be very busy until then!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home