princess genevieve

mercredi, octobre 31, 2007

How to Take a Shower in Belgium

Step 1. Turn on the water.
Step 2. Take off your clothes and get into the tub.
Step 3. Hope you don't spray water all over the place.

One thing I will never understand is the whole showering system here. Most of the places I've stayed have not had full shower curtains or doors. The place I'm in now just has a door that covers half the tub. Half? What is the point of that? I so wish I could tell you. The door also isn't really sealed, so water will still leak through it even if you managed to keep all the water in the door's area.

They also really like hand-held shower nozzles. In my current abode, there is a stand to put the nozzle so you don't have to hold it while you are showering, but it doesn't work. The nozzle is too heavy and it won't stay upright. So I end up holding it anyway. This means I have to put it down at some points to put shampoo in my hair or soap on my skin. And inevitably, I get a. cold and b. water everywhere. Including, sometimes, straight into my face.

Water all over the floor when you are standing on marble floors isn't the best idea ever. I go through a lot of towels.

OK, so we can add showers to the list of things I miss about home. (For those of you keeping track at home, the list now includes: friends, my bed, no one walking over my head, and showers.)

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 10/31/2007 9:50 AM, Blogger Mama said...

I remembered that from my travels to Germany : (

ps: have you come across a washing machine yet? Lucky to get one outfit in the thing! I remember our British cousins being amazed because we had an "industrial sized" washer and dryer (not!)

 
At 10/31/2007 12:10 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yes, there is a washing machine in my apartment building that I have used. It's smaller, but not tiny, so that's good. But I don't really get how it works - I don't know what temperatures to wash clothes on, and I don't understand which settings to use or really, where to put the soap. I guess and hope for the best!

 
At 10/31/2007 3:38 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Interesting...do they mostly take baths instead of showers there? I can't imagine not having a shower curtain. :/ I would feel so...on display. Even if I was alone, LOL.

 
At 11/01/2007 6:22 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

You know Amie, I don't know about the bath thing. I get the feeling they still mostly take showers. Maybe after years and years of practice they are just better at keeping the water in the tub than I am!

 
At 11/01/2007 11:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh that would be awful! wet floors after a shower are the worst. I always miss my own bathroom when I am traveling as well.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home