princess genevieve

mardi, novembre 20, 2007

The Amazing Race

Last night, I was talking with my sister Amanda. She told me that if she were going to go on the Amazing Race, she would want me as her partner, since I know how to travel.

She said she watches the show, figuring out which one of us would do which roadblock and which detour we should choose.

This week she was stumped on the detour. They were in Africa, and it was a challenge where you either had to "teach" or "learn." In teach, you would teach a child 10 words of English. In learn, the child would teach you 10 words of their language. Either way, there was a test at the end.

Amanda said she knew I would choose learn. The problem is, she would choose teach since she is a teacher, and also, she said she sucks at languages. I think we would have ended up doing learn, just because I think it's better to be dependant on yourselves, and not some random kid in the village school.

The only thing that is preventing us from actually going on the show would be my debilitating fear of heights.

If you were going to go on the show, who would be your partner? What would your weakness/downfall be?

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 11/20/2007 6:26 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I love that show although I never get to watch it. I think I would either pick you or my husband. I tend to get impatient so I would worry about snapping at or arguing with my partner. I think I would do just about everything I have seen on that show.

 
At 11/20/2007 9:28 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

I've often wondered about this. I'm not much of a negotiator so I'd need a partner who could do most of the talking. I'm pretty good at reading maps which should be an advantage. Regarding the physical challenges, bungee jumping is the only one that really gives me the heebie geebies (although with a $1M carrot dangling down below....).

 
At 11/21/2007 10:34 AM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

It would very likely be the HB since he seems to be the only one who can take my temper haha. having said that I always wanted to join (read: the amazing race asia just isn't as good) and we'd probably be the Asian version of Aaron and Hayden (temper-wise) in AR6

 
At 11/21/2007 11:14 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Amanda - girl, I am with you in that fantasy. (I am not a die-hard AR viewer but I can't help myself from venturing into "what would I do..." if I happen upon it while spinning the dial!)

My partner would be my husband because he is the perfect combo of book learnin' and hands on smarts. He also has an ability to ACT like he is listening to me when I am being unreasonable : )

ps: can't help wondering which of you would have done the Dutch (?) ditch pole-vaulting from a few weeks ago?

 
At 11/26/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Genevieve would have probably made me do the pole vaulting one, which is good because then I could make her milk the silly camels, and drink the camel milk (ew! I barely like cow's milk enough to drink it)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home