princess genevieve

mercredi, novembre 14, 2007

Let There Be Darkness!

I moved offices two days before I went to Brussels last time, in October. My new office didn't have a light switch, for some unknown reason. So the lights were just ON. For an entire month, while I was away. And we are supposed to be a green office...

I had asked for a switch to be installed, and I finally got one this morning. I never knew how exciting turning the lights on and off could be!

Now. If I can just get the picture hanger guy to come back... he hung pictures for me yesterday, but totally ignored the post-its I had put on the wall as to where I wanted them, so they are about 12 inches higher than I wanted!

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 11/14/2007 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Wow, and the bulbs didn't burn out? That's funny!

 
At 11/14/2007 11:37 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

they are those weird florescent ones. longer life, maybe?

 
At 11/14/2007 3:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you finally got a light switch. That is so bizarre that there wasn't one. How did the framing turn out?

 
At 11/14/2007 9:41 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

Our office lights are motion sensitive - no-one in the office moving about means the lights go out after 15 minutes.
From memory, I think those new fluorescent light-bulbs should have a life expectancy of about 15,000 hours (which works out at approx 625 days if left on 24-7) so they wouldn't burn out in a month.

 
At 11/15/2007 1:16 AM, Blogger Jay said...

I love your appreciation of light switches. Very endearing. They're probably such things that you only really notice when they're gone.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home