princess genevieve

lundi, décembre 03, 2007

Dining Out

Yesterday, I went to brunch with Mandy. I ordered eggs benedict, which were supposed to come with crab meat. But because I am weird, I only like eggs scrambled, so I asked for the eggs to be scrambled, not poached.

The waiter gave me a really weird look, but I mean really. It's not that unusual of a request, I wouldn't imagine.

When our food came out, Mandy's was perfect. She had ordered normal eggs benedict. The crab meat was there. Mine, however, had no crab meat and the eggs looked like they had been scrambled with ketchup! And there was chorizo in the eggs. So I sent it back.

The waiter took it back, and when he came out, he said, "The chef said he knew you were going to send it back."

What?! If that's the case, then why did he send it out like that in the first place? At dinner last night with Hugh, I was relating this story, and he told me I should have complained to the manager. He was appalled by the "the chef said he knew you were going to send it back" comment. To be honest, it didn't occur to me at the time to complain.

What do you think? Would you have sent back the messed up eggs? Asked for the manager?

Libellés : ,

4 Comments:

At 12/03/2007 7:10 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

I think that is really rude and poor customer service. I would have complained. After all, it is NOT unreasonable to expect to get what you actually ordered!!!

Hope you gave him a lousy tip!

 
At 12/04/2007 2:09 AM, Blogger Paisley said...

What a strange customer service style. Definitely unacceptably rude. And surely it wouldn't be THAT difficult to switch scrambled eggs for poached on a dish. It's really not rocket science...

 
At 12/04/2007 10:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I would have most definitely sent it back and since they were rude about it I would also have complained to the manager (if the waiter had done it without the chef comment and being rude, I would have let it go with just sending it back) I often ask for changes to what I order (I know, I am that annoying person) and rarely encounter bad attitudes about it. I agree with Amy, hope you gave a low tip!

 
At 12/04/2007 10:21 AM, Blogger djLicious said...

I'm trying to figure out why the waiter would share that. If he cared about his tip, he should be your attorney in the kitchen, not the chef's council on the floor. Who is working for, anyway?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home