princess genevieve

jeudi, décembre 20, 2007

It's Rough Being a Princess

I've been un-recognized and typecast! Said to me in the past two days:

Random Strange Lady sitting next to me at a movie screening: Are you in the Film Society?
Me: Yes.
Random Lady: That's ODD, because I've never seen you before.

Um. OK, lady, I've never seen you before either, and I've been in the Film Society for 3 or 4 years. It's impossible to know everyone.

PS National Treasure 2 sucked! Don't go see it.

Me: Hi, I'm a volunteer for tonight.
Folger Shakespeare Library Guard: Are you one of those Junior League girls?
Me: Yes.
Guard: You looked it.

YIKES. What the heck does "one of those Junior League girls" look like?

Libellés :

2 Comments:

At 12/21/2007 11:34 AM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Well, Vieve, if you don't want to be recognized as a "junior league" girl, then don't wear your gloves and pearls when you are volunteering.

;)

 
At 12/21/2007 11:44 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, THAT'S the trick! Thanks, Amy!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home