princess genevieve

samedi, décembre 29, 2007

Of Weddings and Cousins

Last night we went to my second cousin Linsday's wedding. All of my first cousins on my dad's side were there, along with all my aunts and uncles on that side. Plus some other second cousins, great-uncles, my dad's cousins, etc. This was the first time all the cousins have been together since my cousin Katie's wedding, which was maybe 3 years ago? We couldn't even all make it to my grandpa's funeral.

Anyway. I learned a few things about my family as a group last night, that may come in handy at future weddings. (We've got 2 more in 2008, my cousin Andie's in June and my sister Leslie's in November.)

  1. If you play Michael Jackson you can get a lot of my family members to dance. But if you switch to rap they will all sit back down. This is only true if you have a dj. If you have a live band a lot more of us will dance.
  2. My aunt Anne knows a lot of people. I was introduced to someone she knew from high school!
  3. My little second cousins Zoe and Thea don't remember me. Fair enough. I haven't seen them in two years and they are both under age 8.
  4. Every time I went to the bar, a member of my family was already in the line. This is helpful when the bar line is very, very long all the time!
  5. We like cake.

Libellés :