princess genevieve

lundi, janvier 14, 2008

Woe

Yesterday I had very bad experiences with customer service. First, Bryony, Greg, and I tried to go out for breakfast. We went to a place that they have been to before. We sat down. No one brought us menus. Finally, after 20 minutes, Greg got up and asked for menus, which were brought to us. (By this point, a table that had come in after us already had their food!) But no one ever came back to take our order. We left 10 minutes later, all of us very hungry and irritated. No one even said anything when we left! And I really wanted blueberry pancakes, so that was sad.

Then, last night, I took a taxi back from the train station to my hotel. I told him the name of the hotel, which is Bristol Stephanie. The driver attempted to force me out of the cab at Place Stephanie, saying that's what I had said! Three or four times I said, "NON, j'ai dit BRISTOL Stephanie" until finally he brought me to the hotel. Seriously, it was less than 30 seconds away from Place Stephanie so I don't know why he was so insistant that I get out at Place Stephanie.

Argh. Here's hoping today goes better. And I've got a poll for you!

What movie should I watch on my flight on Thursday?
3:10 to Yuma
December Boys
The Nanny Diaries
Stardust
The Game Plan
In the Shadow of the Moon
Resurrecting the Champ
Free polls from Pollhost.com

Libellés :

4 Comments:

At 1/14/2008 8:23 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I voted for December Boys because it has Daniel Radcliffe in it (right?) I just watched The Nanny Diaries and wasn't too impressed.

 
At 1/15/2008 3:21 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Yes, December Boys has Daniel Radcliffe in it. Thanks for the tip re Nanny Diaries! (I didn't like the book much, either.)

 
At 1/15/2008 11:42 PM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

gosh i'm out of it. i've only heard of 3:10 to Yuma.

 
At 1/16/2008 12:39 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

I've seen Stardust, Sarah, and it was actually quite good - I think you might like it if you are in a fairy tale kind of mood.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home