princess genevieve

vendredi, janvier 18, 2008

Flying Home

I know you guys are dying to know which movies I watched on the flight. Since it was a four-way tie last I checked before boarding the plane, between 3:10 to Yuma, December Boys, Stardust, and The Nanny Diaries, I had to make some decisions on my own.

I had already seen Stardust so that one was out. Based on Amie's recommendation that The Nanny Diaries wasn't that good, I decided to start with December Boys. That was pretty good. I liked the story, it kept me entertained, and did its job. A bit weird to see Harry Potter smoking, but there you go.

After that, I took a little nap!

Then, when I woke up, the debate was between 3:10 to Yuma and The Nanny Diaries. Despite the recommendation from Amie, I decided I couldn't deal with a Western and I chose The Nanny Diaries. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either, and for plane entertainment, it was fine. Better than a lot of other things I've seen on a plane. (Yes, I'm talking to you, Chuck and Larry.)

My flight got in 30 minutes early, which was great, but it was snowing in Washington, and so it took an hour to get my bags, an hour to get a cab, and nearly 2 hours to drive home! (it should only take 45 minutes - an hour to drive home.) I am really tired. But in a few short hours, I'll be on another plane, to Charlotte. I'm spending the weekend in part with my friend Erin, who lives in Charlotte, and my sister Leslie, who lives in Clemson but is driving up to Charlotte to pick me up.

Libellés :

2 Comments:

At 1/18/2008 5:17 PM, Blogger Amie said...

LOL,yes it would be weird to see Harry Potter smoking.

Nanny Diaries wasn't that bad, but I'm always disappointed in movies when I liked the book. I just watchd Memoirs of a Geisha and felt the same way, although somebody who didn't read the book might like it.

Anyway, I love when we get to vote on your movies :D

 
At 1/20/2008 9:27 AM, Blogger chookie said...

haha at least you have movies on your flights ;) 4 hours of flying for me to get to work, and not a single movie on! :) Hope you're enjoying the travel.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home