princess genevieve

jeudi, février 07, 2008

Meme

This is an interesting one that I found while blog surfing. Basically, you put in bold anything that applies to you, and then I'll include some of my own comments in italics.

Original source: The list is based on an exercise developed by Will Barratt, Meagan Cahill, Angie Carlen, Minnette Huck, Drew Lurker, Stacy Ploskonka at Illinois State University. The exercise developers ask that if you participate in this blog game, you acknowledge their copyright.
If you want to participate, please do the same.


Father went to college
Father finished college
Mother went to college
Mother finished college
Have any relative who is an attorney, physician, or professor - Can I count myself? Ok, no? My uncle is a dentist, and my sister is working on her PhD.
Were the same or higher class than your high school teachers - This is a really weird question that I'm not quite sure how to answer, other than, probably yes, and I never noticed this.
Had more than 50 books in your childhood home
Had more than 500 books in your childhood home
Were read children’s books by a parent - Yes. My dad loved to read to us. Although I am still scarred by having to listen to Good Night Moon every night, because my sister liked it so much.
Had lessons of any kind before you turned 18
Had more than two kinds of lessons before you turned 18 - piano, tennis, swimming, French... there were probably others but I can't think of them right now.
The people in the media who dress and talk like me are portrayed positively
Had a credit card with your name on it before you turned 18
Your parents (or a trust) paid for the majority of your college costs
Your parents (or a trust) paid for all of your college costs - As long as we're only counting college, not law school too.
Went to a private high school - I am a product of great public schools.
Went to summer camp - Girl Scout camp in the 6th grade.
Had a private tutor before you turned 18 - For one day, for precalculus. It was a disaster. I left in tears and my parents never made me go back.
Family vacations involved staying at hotels - Sometimes, especially if you count hotels while driving someplace else.
Your clothing was all bought new before you turned 18 - Yes, but only because I am the oldest. My poor little sister had to wear the same dress three times in a row, because my gran sent us matching dresses for holidays.
Your parents bought you a car that was not a hand-me-down from them - I had trouble learning to drive a manual transmission, so they bought an automatic. I can drive manual now!
There was original art in your house when you were a child
Had a phone in your room before you turned 18 - 12th Christmas present.
You and your family lived in a single family house - For as long as I remember. I think when I was born my parents lived in a duplex but we moved before I could remember that place.
Your parent(s) owned their own house or apartment before you left home
You had your own room as a child - Mostly. For a while Leslie & I shared a really huge room, and then I moved out into a room the size of a closet. (which didn't have a closet, ironically)
Participated in an SAT/ACT prep course
Had your own TV in your room in High School
Owned a mutual fund or IRA in High School or College
Flew anywhere on a commercial airline before you turned 16 - I think before I turned one even?
Went on a cruise with your family
Went on more than one cruise with your family
Your parents took you to museums and art galleries as you grew up
You were unaware of how much heating bills were for your family - Or any bill. Um, I still don't know how much my heating bill is... it's included in my rent.

I guess this meme is supposed to show that I had a privileged childhood. I did. Now that I'm paying my own bills, I see how much things cost. Kids are expensive!!

Libellés :

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2008 4:48 PM, Blogger trash said...

Oooooo! I'm going to have to do this one!!!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home