princess genevieve

vendredi, janvier 25, 2008

Vacation Planning

This week, I've done a bit of planning for my upcoming vacation to Argentina and Uruguay. I was telling my friend Alison about some of the hotels I've chosen last night at a movie screening (Charlie Bartlett - very funny! Highly recommended!) and this woman sitting next to us said, "You're going to Uruguay? I'm from Montevideo!" And pretty much right then, my blackberry went off, and it was a hotel in Uruguay I had contacted. And they wrote me back in Spanish, so she helped me read it. (My Spanish is super basic.)

This morning, I went to the doctor, where I learned I will need a yellow fever shot, and I will have to take malaria and typhoid pills. Hooray!

I can't wait for this trip. 2 more months.

What are your vacation plans for this year?

Libellés : ,

7 Comments:

At 1/25/2008 3:20 PM, Blogger trash said...

I'm taking my family home to Christmas and Granma's big birthday!

Seems a long way off to have as our main holiday huh? But there are four of us to get to Australia so we are putting away the pennies.

 
At 1/25/2008 3:28 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

yeah, i can see that would take some planning and saving, but I'm sure it will be well worth it!

 
At 1/25/2008 3:31 PM, Blogger trash said...

Thank you for the positive thoughts, please keep them coming.

The last two times I have been home for that seasonal celebration have been recorded as the coldest or wettest EVER!! So now we are just going home in December.

Plus the 'cold/old' place - Stonhenge

 
At 1/25/2008 4:31 PM, Blogger Amie said...

We are going camping in Tennessee this Spring.

 
At 1/25/2008 4:34 PM, Blogger Genevieve said...

ah ha on Stonehenge... makes sense.

Amie, that sounds fun! (and hopefully warmer than where you guys are!)

 
At 1/28/2008 11:44 PM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

how fun! i'm very jealous. we are going nowhere. well, still spending lots of $$$ visiting family in cold places but nothing as exotic as your vacation plans.

 
At 1/30/2008 1:47 PM, Blogger Reuss said...

I booked my holiday! I am going to go on the Trans-Siberian railway!!!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home