princess genevieve

lundi, février 18, 2008

I went to Norway


I went to Oslo for the weekend. It was cold, but not so cold I couldn't be outside and walking around. It was also super expensive, maybe even more expensive than London. I went to three museums, including the National Art Gallery where I saw Edvard Munch's "The Scream." I also sort of learned about Vikings. I say sort of, because all the signs were in Norweigan, except one, which said, "The Vikings were violent." So I learned as much as I could from the dioramas.

Click here to see more photos. On another note, does anyone know how to get rid of the little tools that have popped up in the sidebar on the photo blog? (or am I the only one who can see them?)

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 2/18/2008 6:24 PM, Blogger trash said...

How cool would that be?

To travel to different countries and have them and or their historical culture summarised in just a sentence on a museum wall.

I heard a great interview wit ha guy who has a whole site devoted to people's biographies six words long. Kind of gives a girl pause for thought and wonder......

 
At 2/18/2008 8:15 PM, Blogger Paisley said...

If the little tools are what I think they are (I can't seem them), then you're the only one that can see them. They should only appear on your blog side-bar when you're logged into Blogger. They're a quick access point to edit those side-bar elements.
And yep - those Vikings were a blood-thirsty lot...
Looks like you had a good time on your mini-break.

 
At 2/19/2008 11:05 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Trashalou, it's an interesting idea. And if the norwegian bits had only been one sentence as well, one I quite happily would embrace. But since they had pages and pages, I wanted to know what they said!!

Paisly, thanks for the tool-tips.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home