princess genevieve

jeudi, mars 06, 2008

We all like Thai food around here.

Tuesday, I popped in to our (un)friendly neighborhood Thai restaurant to grab some lunch. I ordered the same dish I always order (beef with mushrooms in a spicy sauce) and I stood back to wait for it to be prepared. I was by myself, and I was the only person waiting to "emporter." (French for take away!)

The woman who owns the joint looked at me, and said, "why do you people never call ahead?" (I'm assuming she meant me and my colleagues, since we often come in as a group.) I said, "well, I don't mind waiting." and she said, "but WE do! You get in our way."

Harumph! Is this the way you talk to customers? As soon as she was done with me, this guy walked in who was 5 minutes late for his reservation, and she said, "You're lucky I held the table! If I had been more busy I wouldn't have done it."

OK, the sad part is? Wednesday, Benito emailed and asked if a bunch of us wanted to go get Thai. Instead of me saying we shouldn't go there because she's mean, I said, "yes, but we should call ahead so we don't get yelled at again."

Libellés :

5 Comments:

At 3/06/2008 11:01 AM, Blogger Amie said...

LOL, reminds me of the soup nazi on Seinfeld. hehehe

 
At 3/06/2008 12:55 PM, Blogger Amy M. said...

Wow! how mean!!!

 
At 3/06/2008 1:09 PM, Blogger DDanielle said...

LOL, It must be great food!

 
At 3/06/2008 9:00 PM, Blogger Mama said...

Seconding the LOLs and the Sinefeld comment!

 
At 3/07/2008 9:32 AM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

that's so totally rude of her!!!! if i were u i would still turn up AND still not call just to annoy her haha

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home