princess genevieve

vendredi, février 22, 2008

SkyEurope

I am flying tonight on SkyEurope to Vienna. The only other time I have flown SkyEurope was on a flight from Krakow to Paris, with my sister Amanda.

She was sitting at the window, and me on the aisle, but it was a full flight, so there was a guy in between us. He was drunk. (keep in mind this was a morning flight.) He pulled out a bottle of vodka and a smushed up bar of chocolate with what looked like grape jelly inside it. He then tried to get first Amanda, then me to taste the chocolate, but we both refused.

Then he was excitedly pointing to something out the window, and speaking to us in Polish. Well, neither one of us speaks Polish (despite my efforts with the Lonely Planet "learn Polish" CD) so we didn't understand what he was saying. Finally, he gave up, and fell asleep, with his head sort of resting on Amanda.

Hear's hoping I have a less eventful flight tonight. I am not as tolerant as my sister!

Libellés :

3 Comments:

At 2/23/2008 6:11 AM, Blogger trash said...

Good luck with that whole avoiding the 'drunken, crazy polish guy on the flight' thing.

 
At 2/23/2008 10:52 PM, Blogger Sarah Q said...

have fun in Vienna! maybe get an extra pillow in case you need to create a blockade.

 
At 2/25/2008 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Oh that was awful! It was like the commercial for the Listerine breath strips where the woman puts one in the mouth of the man next to her on the plane because he's sleeping on her shoulder. I wish I had some of them that day! He could have used them!

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home