princess genevieve

mardi, février 19, 2008

Nederlands, francais, English?

I've been feeling bad lately about the fact that I only speak two languages. Last week, someone asked me to list everyone on our team and the languages they speak. I was the only one who only had two. Everyone else was at three or four.

Even when you go to the airport in Brussels, the people who work the security checkpoints all speak at least three. Usually they ask "Nederlands francais English?" and you answer in the one you are most comfortable speaking. Last week, when I flew to Oslo, I got, "Nederlands francais English Deutsche?" Great. Even the airport makes me feel inadequate.

Maybe it's time to start Spanish lessons again. I've taken baby Spanish a couple times. Maybe my trip to Argentina will help.

Libellés : ,

2 Comments:

At 2/19/2008 12:18 PM, Blogger trash said...

Right there. Thats's what I am loving. Spreading the inadequacy clear around the blogoverse.

Come stand next to me, you will feel so much better about yourself. Of course I speak just the one.

 
At 2/19/2008 8:04 PM, Blogger alt.ayu said...

unfortunately i can't even speak my mother-tongue properly. there are some terms which I often use wrongly so even if it's passable, sometimes it does get laughable! and that's real embarassing!

BTW, your blog is one of my nominees for the Make My Day award. Go ahead and pass it on! :) see here: http://peesnkays.blogspot.com/2008/02/thank-you-yvette_20.html

:)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home